Last week I was nominated by Claire at The Pramshed for the Liebster award! I was really flattered to be nominated as I have only been blogging for a few weeks so it’s great that somebody was enjoying what I am doing and helping me to grow the blog. I have to confess I didn’t know anything about it though, so here is a quick summary.
The Liebster award is given from one blogger to another to find out more about new blogs and the people behind them.
These are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
These are my answers to Claire’s questions:
When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging just two weeks ago! As a new mum I am spending a lot of time feeding the baby so I am on my phone a lot, and I was reading lots of parenting blogs. I’ve always loved writing so I figured I might as well give it a go! It’s nice to have something to focus on other than the baby, too.
What aspirations do you have for your blog?
As it’s very new it hasn’t got a particularly wide reach yet, so I would love it to grow. It needs work on the design and style but I am terrible at stuff like that, and it’s a bit too early to spend any money on it!
Tell us about your perfect holiday?
It would probably be with all my family, near a beach and a decent pub. I’d like plenty of time to read and some lovely (gentle!) walks, and for the weather to be that perfect mix of sunny but not too hot! As a family we always visited the Lulworth area in Dorset when we were younger so I guess that’s got to be where my perfect holiday would take place.
Describe yourself in 3 words?
Silly, cheerful, emotional.
What 3 items would you take to a desert island?
A book, something to write on/with and a board game (providing somebody was there to play it with me?!).
What bloggers inspire you?
There are so many! I love Brummy mummy of 2, Life, Love and Dirty Dishes and Rhyming with Wine. But honestly, all of the parenting blogs I have read recently have been wonderful, most of them are so funny.
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time, apart from blogging?
I’m not very exciting; I like reading, playing board games, listening to music and drinking beer! Mostly I like spending time with family and friends.
What is your favourite chocolate bar?
This is like asking me to choose my favourite sibling! As an actual ‘bar’ probably Dairy Milk marvellous creations…or Wispa Gold, or Crunchie or Galaxy!
What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time?
I hope we’ll have more children, so I will probably be mainly looking after them! I’d love to still be blogging and possibly to get more involved with our family business again.
What is the best thing you have ever done?
Having my son. Second best thing is probably our honeymoon in Canada!
Finally, what would your last meal be?
Don’t judge me: pizza. I love that stuff!
Here’s 11 facts about me…
- I have heterochromia; one of my eyes is half brown, half blue (a bit like Bowie!).
- I have a degree in Sociology.
- My husband owns a pub that I worked in before having TM.
- My sisters and brother are my best friends in the entire world so I’d love to have four kids myself.
- I have a serious sweet tooth.
- I once made my brother a book where I changed the titles of films and books to include the word ‘turd’.
- I cry really easily, at both happy and sad things.
- I’m notorious for writing soppy cards to friends and family.
- I hate being too hot, it makes me grumpy.
- I get really severe hangovers. I was throwing up at my graduation and it was touch and go as to whether I would attend the ceremony.
- I am a strident feminist (thanks Caitlin Moran!).
I am nominating:
My questions for my nominees:
- What is your blog about and when did you start it?
- What would you like to achieve with your blog?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
- If you could have been alive in any decade, which would it be?
- Who are your heroes?
- What’s your favourite song?
- Where’s the most interesting place you have visited?
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
- What would your perfect day consist of?
- What do you wish you had invented?
- What’s your greatest achievement?