When I wrote my very first blog post about #Mumlife it was pointed out by the lovely Gem at Colley’s Wobbles that one of the items on my list actually counted as a Mummywin. Claire at The Pramshed wrote about mummy wins and newborn firsts; such as the first time she left the house after having the baby. Here’s my list of #mummywins, the things that make me smile and think ‘Woop, dodged a bullet’ or ‘I actually CAN do this without being a hot mess!’
- Getting to eat your dinner while the baby is happy doing something else.
- When an explosive poo occurs when you’re about to change the nappy and have already taken the baby’s clothes off – so no clothes are harmed in the making of the poo.
- The baby sleeping in the pram while you’re out for lunch or a cuppa so you almost feel like an actual person catching up with friends instead of a frazzled mum!
- Getting that perfect photo at exactly the right moment – capturing a funny expression or gorgeous smile.
- Leaving the house, on time, before 12pm. Bonus points if you remember everything you need!
- Catching baby sick in a towel, thereby avoiding mess on clothes, carpets, toys etc…
- Going to an appointment e.g. the hairdressers where all the baby does is smile and laugh, so everyone thinks you have an angelic child.
- The baby sleeping the whole time you are stuck in a traffic jam.
- Maneuvering the pushchair successfully around town and the shops without bumping into anyone’s feet or getting trapped in any doorways.
- Seeing the bottom of the laundry basket. Oh, this one never happens!
- Finding the time to have a bath, shave your legs, wash your hair. This requires someone else being in the house, to be honest.
- Getting 7 or more hours straight sleep, obviously. I think this must be everybody’s favourite mummy win!
What other Mummy wins can you think of?