My gorgeous buddy Catie at Diary of an Imperfect Mum nominated me for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Tag. I love these tags as I am super nosy so I enjoy reading about other bloggers – and let’s face it, all bloggers like to talk about ourselves or we wouldn’t be doing this, would we?! Catie’s blog is fantastic so please check it out. I’ve always thought that Catie seems like a brilliant mum and actually I had the absolute pleasure recently of meeting her and her beautiful family and can confirm that she is as wonderful in person as she seems on her blog!
The premise is pretty simple, you answer the 10 questions set by the person who nominated you and then nominate 5 other bloggers to answer your own set of questions. Here are my answers to Catie’s fab questions:
1. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
I would drink a lot of champagne and buy a saline drip so I didn’t get a hangover 😂 Other than that there’s not much I would do differently, I would still want to be with TM most of the time. I’d probably want to be on holiday at least once a month!
2. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
New Zealand. It just looks stunning and everyone I know who has been absolutely loved it.
3. What is your favourite memory?
Just one?! I have so many favourite memories. Christmas is always a really happy time in my family, as are our summer camping trips. As a child we always went to Durdle Door in Dorset and spent time on the beach so lots of my favourite childhood memories are from there. Obviously my wedding day was amazing and bringing TM home was pretty special!
4. What has been your biggest challenge?
Hmm I don’t think I’ve had a very challenging life really, I’ve been so lucky. I found it hard when I went to uni moving away from my family as I am so close to them, so probably that.
5. What does your perfect day look like?
When B has a day off and the three of us get to see family and enjoy time together. I love it when we all get together and have a relaxed day: eating good food, listening to music and drinking of course…
6. University or life experience, which do you feel best prepares you for life?
I think it has to be life experience although you learn some of that while you’re at uni too. University can often be a bit of a bubble and rocking up to 6 hours of lectures a week, hungover, isn’t quite the same as working full time or being a parent is it?! But maybe other people worked a little harder than me at uni?
7. What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
I think everyone should learn how to manage money. It sounds silly but teaching people basic budgeting skills and a little bit about credit cards, mortgages etc could be so useful and help people avoid unnecessary debts.
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
Sometime in the 1960s… Let’s say 67! I love the music, the second wave of feminism, the sexual revolution, all the fashion. I just think I’d have a great time!
9. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Cheerful, sociable, emotional.
10. Which animal best defines you and why?
Oh my god I used to play this with my friends at uni. There’s sadly a difference between how I see myself and how they see me! I think I’d be an animal which is affectionate and excitable, so probably a puppy or monkey of some kind. They said I’d be a baby giraffe or an alpaca because I’m clumsy and awkward!
Thanks again for the nomination Catie! I nominate:
Bridget – Bridie by the Sea
Sam – Mouse, Moo & Me Too
Pat – White Camellias
Katie – Squirmy Popple
Sarah – Tammymum
I am a bit rubbish at questions so I apologise in advance to you all…your questions are:
- As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Which song cheers you up when you’ve had a crap day?
- What’s your favourite book?
- Is there anything you wish someone had told you before you had kids?
- You can only eat one food for the rest of your life – what are you picking?
- What’s the best thing about being a blogger?
- What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?
- When’s the last time you saw live music or a show and what was it?
- Which blog should we all be reading?!
- Shots are on me – tequila, sambuca or jägerbombs?
Just a reminder: Please give me a mention for nominating you. Answer my questions. Then think of your own 10 questions and nominate 5 fellow bloggers to answer them… Have fun!
If you want to read my other blogger tag posts they are here: