Eeeek, I’ve only gone and recorded a bloody vlog. The lovely Charlie from Mess & Merlot nominated me to answer the Vogue 73 questions which are floating around at the moment. It was her first vlog too and you can watch it here! It’s a good way to get to know more about bloggers, like any blogger tag. I was intending to answer these questions as a blog post. But 73 questions is, well, quite a lot. Then I was sleep deprived and so made the foolish decision to film myself answering the questions instead. Apparently you are meant to do it all in one take which is handy as I have no idea how to edit. I can’t imagine anybody is going to watch the whole thing as it is 16 minutes long – how ridiculous! I was aiming for 8, I think…HA. Succinct has never been my strong suit.
I think if anyone wants to know how NOT to vlog you could get some good tips from me: Don’t film when you’ve not had much sleep. Don’t film without wearing make up. Don’t keep saying ‘like’, ‘um’, ‘errr…’. Don’t play with your hair and touch your neck constantly, it makes you look dead nervous. Don’t waffle on for so long that the process of uploading the video makes you regret the entire escapade even more. Don’t have the camera (Macbook) at such a hideous angle. And DEFINITELY do not somehow accidentally delete the first 10 seconds where you introduce yourself. If you follow that advice you should be golden!
If anyone dares to watch it, here’s the vlog in all of its glory…as I’ve already admitted I accidentally misplaced the intro so let’s just pretend that I say hello at the start. And I imagine you already know this but my name is Ellen! (and I’m a terrible Youtuber…)
This is the list of questions from Vogue:
- What’s your favourite movie?
- Favourite movie in the past five years?
- Favourite Hitchcock film?
- A book you plan on reading?
- A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
- Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
- On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
- iPhone or Android?
- Twitter or Instagram?
- Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
- What’s your favourite food?
- Least favourite food?
- What do you love on your pizza?
- Favourite drink?
- Favourite dessert?
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
- What’s your favourite band?
- Favourite solo artist?
- Favourite song?
- If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
- If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
- If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
- To be or not to be?
- Dogs or cats?
- Bird-watching or whale-watching?
- Best gift you’ve ever received?
- Best gift you’ve ever given?
- Last gift you gave a friend?
- What’s your favourite board game?
- What’s your favourite country to visit?
- What’s the last country you visited?
- What country do you wish to visit?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- Least favourite colour?
- Diamonds or pearls?
- Heels or flats?
- Pilates or yoga?
- Jogging or swimming?
- Best way to de-stress
- If you had one superpower, what would it be?
- What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
- What’s your favourite flower?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Do you like your handwriting?
- Do you bake?
- What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
- What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
- Who do you miss most?
- What are you listening to right now?
- Favourite smell?
- Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
- Who was the last person you sent a text to?
- A sport you wish you could play?
- Hair colour?
- Eye colour?
- Scary film or happy endings?
- Favourite season?
- Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
- Hugs or kisses?
- Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
- Where were you born?
- What is the farthest you have been from home?
- Sweet or savoury?
- Lipstick or lip gloss?
- What book have you read again and again?
- Favourite bedtime story?
- What would be the title of your autobiography?
- Favourite sound?
- Favourite animal?
- Who is your girl crush?
- Last photograph you took?
I am nominating (to either write or vlog the answers):
Jade – The Parenting Jungle
Sarah – Tammymum
Katie – Squirmy Popple
If you managed to watch that whole video I am sending you a virtual glass of champagne and my eternal gratitude! Has anybody else had vlogging disasters?